- 27º MAR DEL PLATA INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – Latin American Competition
- 34º INTERNATIONAL HAVANA FILM FESTIVAL – Official Competition – FEISAL Award
- 31º URUGUAY INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – Panorama Section
- 12º TANDIL CINE – ARGENTINEAN FILM FESTIVAL – Official Competition – Best Script Award / Best Movie – Audience Award
- 02º UNASUR CINE – INTERNATIONAL FILM FESTIVAL – Official Competition
PRICES AND MENTIONS
- Mention Feisal (Federation of Image and Sound Schools of Latin America Price), 34° Film Festival of La Habana, Cuba, December 2012.
- Jury Price for Best Script and Price of the Audience, 12° Film Festival of Tandil, September 2013.
- Princeton University, Harvard University, New York University / March 2013
- Casa América Madrid / January 2014
- University of London / February 2014
Director: Daniel Casabé, Edgardo Dieleke
Producer: Alejandro Israel
Screenwriter: Edgardo Dieleke, Daniel Casabé, Julieta Vitullo
Music: Leo Martinelli
Sound Design: SPL, Gonzalo Guerra
Cinematographer: Leonardo Hermo
Editor: Daniel Casabé, Andrés P. Estrada
The Exact Shape of the Islands is a documentary shot in the remote Malvinas / Falkland islands, an almost unknown space, mainly remembered because of the 1982 war between Argentina and the UK. The film tells the story of two trips. The first one shows thereturn to the islands of two Argentine ex-combatants, through the amateur camera lens of Julieta, a young woman who is doing research on the literature of the war. The second trip, in 2010, records Julieta’s return to Malvinas, exploring the consequences, not only of the war, but also of the personal contacts she established during her first trip.
Buenos Aires, Argentina
El Salvador 4176 timbre 3, C1175ACH, CABA. Argentina